Thursday, February 5, 2009

February 5 - The Poor Man's Starbucks

After the unexpected death of our neighborhood Starbucks, we have had to drive 25 miles to get a latte if we wanted one. Well, I've heard so much hype about the McCafe drinks and I was seriously jonesing for an iced coffee a couple days ago, so I decided to try one. I got a Non-Fat Iced Vanilla Latte. It was quite tasty and cheaper than the ones from Starbucks.

And now my new (
daily) vice is Iced Lattes from McDonald's.

I'm lovin' it! (Insert cheesy grin and thumbs up here.)



3 comments:

  1. Carrie~ I seen your comment on Patty's blog about liking sky pictures, well I don't have any posted but just picture this, you look up and it's kind of grayish/brownish and then you say "oh isn't it wonderful to live in a big city in CA" I'm sure you know just what I am talking about....SMOG everywhere. I bet you have beautiful skies where you live..
    Blessings,Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big fan of iced coffee...heck, any coffee, really:) but my DH is especially fond of McDonald's free medium coffee throughout February. From 5-9AM...every day! He stops every morning...never orders any food, but gets his coffee. I guess I order enough food from there to make it worthwhile. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Joann, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! I don't miss the smog one bit. We had it so bad in the Inland Empire, since it would just settle against the foothills. Since we moved here, I've noticed that we hardly ever get sick, (knock on wood), but we were always getting colds back there. I wonder....

    Lol, Patty. Maybe that's the hook. They get you in for free coffee, but figure while you're there, you'll spend money. Sneaky... Great, now I want a Sausage McMuffin w/ egg. Thanks a lot! :P

    ReplyDelete